Register HERE for SOAR Professional Development Program
Time & Location
About the Event
What is the SOAR program?
· The SOAR RMI/GIS Professional Development Program Series is a professional development initiative that will offer skills to help students soar above and beyond the expected skills received upon graduation.
· Look for the SOAR program qualifying event tag to note which events qualify towards the program.
· The program will offer workshops including in person and virtual events during the Fall 2021 semester. LinkedIn, personal resume, and Microsoft Teams requirement are to be completed in order to be recognized as a successful participant in the program.
In order to obtain the SOAR Certificate of Achievement at the end of a semester, a student must successfully complete ALLof the following requirements:
1. Attend workshop and/or virtual event requirements (complete two qualifying events)
2. LinkedIn requirement
3. Resume requirement
Workshop Requirement Details:
· Attend two of the three RMI/GIS Professional Development Program Series workshops offered during the semester.
· Workshops must be attended in their entireties, from the beginning of the workshop through the end of the workshop. A student will not receive credit for attending portion(s) of a workshop.
· For virtual workshops, cameras must be on at all times.
· Workshop opportunities differing in content are offered each fall and each spring semester.
· Note: There is no minimum or maximum number of certificates to obtain. A student may obtain as many SOAR Certificates of Achievement as they like!
LinkedIn Requirement Details:
· Establish and successfully maintain a personal LinkedIn account.
· Upload a professional headshot for the personal LinkedIn profile.
· *Note: Successful completion of the above requirements will be determined by Sally Carne, RMI Program Project Coordinator.
Resume Requirement Details:
· Create a resume that has been analyzed and approved by Sally Carne.
Microsoft Team Details:
· Successfully Join and actively participate in the SOAR Professional Development Program Series Microsoft Team (Sally Carne is Microsoft Team Owner).
· Note: The SOAR Microsoft Team will be used as the main method of communication between the owner of the Team (Sally Carne) and the students participating in the SOAR RMI/GIS Professional Development Program Series throughout the semester.
1 hour 20 minutes
9/29/21 Zoom Event - Making the Connection w/ Tandeka Nomvete
SOAR Program Qualifying Event - RMI Career Fair AttendanceUNT Union Ballroom #314